Monday, April 10, 2006

New job? Wha?

So Thursday came like any other day.

Only I was laid off.

But, you know, whatever.

It didn't really bother me, so I went to the gym like I do on any other day around noon time. And then I headed home, ate lunch, loaded my resume on a few job sites, sent my resume to a few job listings.

By 5pm the phone rang, by 5:30 I had an interview for noon on Friday.

So Friday came like any other day.

Only I didn't have a job to go to. I had an old cube to pack up and an interview to get to at noon.

By noon I was at my interview, by 2pm I was on my way out the door confident I nailed the job. I went to the gym, worked off some adrenaline, and by 5pm I accepted a verbal job offer over the phone.

Yes, that WAS fast.

I still have no idea how it happened really.

But all I know is that tomorrow FedEx will bring me a big fat juicy job package to look over and sign, and Monday I have a cush new job with totally amazing, young, hip, and fun people. I will work in a building where I have to take an elevator, where there are views of the SF bay out of the office windows, where I will officially have "moved up". A job where people hired me for my "expertise" and "experience", people who have no idea how to accomplish what they want without someone like me. People, apparently I am a subject matter expert on something. Apparently I am an "asset".

It's amazing how much you can learn about yourself in just 24 hours.

All because I was laid off on Thursday.

I'll miss my old job, my hypothetical one that is. But shit, I was so ready for this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Congrats again!

4/11/2006 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Michele said...

Seriously, my hero!

4/11/2006 11:45 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

Thats awesome, congrats!

4/11/2006 8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home