Monday, November 07, 2005

In an attempt to make a habit of this...

Look at me! I'm blogging again!

With nothing particular to blog about. I mean, sure I've got stuff to blog about. Technically. My head is always swarming with ideas.

But I've got an itty bitty amount of time. Which is NO time to try and write anything of real content.

I'm drawing a complete blank of what I preoccupied my time with this weekend. I recall it being busy, involving a few too many beers (translation: calories), and changing a toilet seat.

Oh yea. That's was charming.

So our toilet seat cracked Friday night. Go figure. Just cracks and proceeded to pinch the ass of everyone who used it.

Let me tell you - good times.

So I drag the Husband on a study break to the local Home Depot Saturday afternoon and we proceeded to analyze and assess each and every toilet seat option.

This is an important decision you know.

Do you want the more expensive wood variety? The very same that CRACKED for no apparent reason.

But the cheaper plastic variety looks...well...cheap.

Do we just get the same one we had before? But again, it CRACKED. So, not too inclined to go that route.

And then there are the squishy ones filled with air that are comfy and all...but they explode.

I'll let Michele tell THAT particular gem of a story.

And then my husband homed in on the toilet seat of ALL toilet seats. It's like he, being a man, is naturally equipped with some sort of homing device. One that is designed to find the most COOLEST toilet seat out of all the choices.

The SoftClose 2000.

It is a toilet seat that, with a gentle nudge, will close SLOWLY ON IT'S OWN.

No more slamming lids by accident!

And for those of us lazy people who like to disguise our laziness with an apparent need for ultimate efficiency - it's great because it reduces the time spent closing a toilet lid from 1.3 seconds to a mere 0.7 seconds!

That's a savings of 0.6 seconds!

Seriously - that's a big deal!

If you think about it, if you use the restroom approximately 3 times a day, that's 1.8 seconds you're saving a day. 12.6 seconds a week...655.2 seconds a year, which is like, 11 minutes!

Over your entire life time you could save 15 hours closing the toilet!

And that's just if you go 3 times a day - some people go twice that! 30 hours people! Something to seriously consider here.

So this is how I spend my Saturday evenings - installing toilet seats. But, you know, it was like 4 beers into the evening and I thought it was a great plan.

And I only dropped 2 of the bolts into the toilet bowl. But I wasn't so knackered that I didn't put on some gloves FIRST before reaching in and pulling them out. So that's good.

You know you have a drinking problem if you reach into toilets bare-handed.

And the seat was only slightly crooked and was easily fixed the next morning after all the beer had vacated my system.

This is what Do-it-Yourselfer's do on their Saturday nights.

Get drunk and fix toilets.

Next week I'll amuse all of you by getting drunk and hanging sheet rock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Drew said...

Hey man our buddie told me that you need the answers. Just ask I'm the answer man. Talk to you later.

http://1bigasshole.blogspot.com/

11/07/2005 12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some friends of mine have that same toilet seat. I think I wasted many seconds trying to figure out how not to force the lid down.

11/07/2005 1:36 PM

 
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm sorry... but is the first commenter's blog entitled "1bigasshole"??

Why?

Anywho... I think home improvements are always better done "under the influence"...

Wait for the installments of "Tiff and Ry install the kitchen cabinets... AGAIN" coming soon (hopefully) to a blog near you.

11/07/2005 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Tiffany said...

You were doing so well!!

11/10/2005 2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home