Monday, June 26, 2006

Still kicking...

Day 9 of my life sans The Husband and I have only one thing to say to his new employers:

"SEND HIM HOME NOW"

Sigh.

You know, I'm a fairly independent woman, but this is getting ridiculous. 9 days? with 4 more to go?

Hello?!?

I want my husband home.

Now.

At least he's doing well - enjoying his new job, causing havoc wherever he turns, shaking up the system, being wild! and crazy!

Saturday I finally got to hear his voice, which, as it turns out, when you haven't talked to your spouse in about 6 days, can make you downright giddy. Like we just started dating giddy.

It's the little things no?

He made it to Atlanta - phase 2 of his training regimen. Apparently things are going well with work, and he's feeling productive and inspired. But he's ready to come home.

And, um, yea...I want him home now too.

Sure does free up a girl in the evenings to do stuff though.

Like Blog.

And drink wine.

And stress about all the things scheduled to be accomplished over the summer.

Or drunkenly stress about all the schlings sledgluled to accompliss over the slummmmmer.

Shoot me now.

But don't you worry about me.

I'm not really drunk. See? Totally coherent.

Look at that! Using words like "coherent".

Oh, and I have my cats too. So, no worries!

Did I mention one of my cats is a vomiter?

Yea.

And I have wine. Did I mention the wine?

Yea, so even though my Husband is gone, I have my vomiting cats and boxed wine.

Oh, I know you're tempted to feel sorry for me right about now.

But oh no! You should be envious. Really. Be envious.

I think right about now is a good time to go take my wine, a book, and a cat (or two) to the couch and wind down for the evening.

Alone.

Sans my husband.

Hmpf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Wow, twice in one week, you've outdone yourself!

6/28/2006 12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home